Tech Sales Consultant (Sales Engineer)
Company: Entrust Corp.
Location: Minnesota Lake
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Career Growth, Flexibility and Collaboration!
Entrust is dedicated to securing a world in motion by enabling
trusted identities, payments, and data protection around the globe.
Headquartered in Minnesota, we offer our colleagues the ability to
work globally, in a flexible and collaborative environment. Our
team makes an impact!!
The Company: Entrust relies on curious, dedicated and innovative
individuals whom anticipate the future and provide solutions for a
more connected, mobile and secure world. Entrust's technologies and
expertise help government agencies, enterprises and financial
institutions in more than 150 countries serve and safeguard
citizens, employees and consumers.
We Believe: Securing identities is most effective when we value all
identities. We are committed to ensuring that, through diversity
and inclusion, the many voices that make up our communities are
heard. From unconscious bias training for managers to global
affinity groups that create connections both within and across our
enterprise, Entrust expects and encourages all individuals to
accept and respect one another. And, of course, to be
Position Overview: The Technical Sales Consultant assists Entrust
sales personnel through formal technical presentations and moderate
to complex technical design assistance of Entrust products to
existing and prospective Entrust customers. The Technical Sales
Consultant is expected to be highly technical, demonstrating
experience across multiple technology segments such as
virtualization, data security (encryption and key management), PKI,
Identity and public and private cloud. A working knowledge of
current Entrust Digital Security Solutions will be critical in
positioning Entrust solutions to both end customers and channel
partners. The Technical Sales Consultant also provides technical
Entrust product information at exhibitions and speaking
This position provides technical consultancy to assist Entrust's
sales executives with Digital Security accounts within assigned
regions. The position may also support the pre-sales field within
their global Theater of operations.
The Technical Sales Consultants act very much as ambassadors for
the company. It is important to foster and maintain a strong
relationship with our customers, based on trust and mutual respect.
This role is a direct peer of the contacts we work with at both
customer and partners organizations.
This role requires an individual that is prepared to travel at
least 30% of the time to secure business for the organization.
Along with a large number of projects across the assigned
territory, this role is likely to involve travel to existing
customers and new prospects across the entire operating
This role requires both technical and sales skills to be able to
understand customer needs/requirements to assist in the
qualification of sales opportunities. This person will be viewed as
a trusted advisor to help customers and prospects utilize our
Digital Security Solutions including but not necessarily limited to
nShield Hardware Security Modules, PKI Solutions, Identity and
HyTrust key management software solutions. Must be a self-starter
who can multi-task, manage their time, prioritize accordingly, and
thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct
- Assigned Customer Accounts
- Other Product Specialist and Regional Technical Sales
Consultants (Within region and Worldwide)
- Product Strategy Team
- Professional Services
- Product Management
- Business Development
- Works closely with Entrust Sales Teams as a technical sales
consultant for our Digital Security Solutions during sales calls
and sales meetings across the territory.
- Ensures the pre-sales technical endorsement/presentation of
Entrust products within target accounts.
- Provides design advice and technical guidance to sales
personnel and clients in the application of Entrust products.
- Develops and delivers presentations, demonstrations, technical
proposals, and proof-of-concept tests that educate the customer and
demonstrates the value of Entrust solutions.
- Answers technical questions and assists customers in
understanding the integration of Entrust products into their
existing technical infrastructure.
- Serves as the focal point for all technical responses to the
customer in a pre-sales environment.
- Reviews impact of new Entrust product releases, new product
features, delivery schedules, and competitor offerings with sales
- Gathers ongoing prospect/customer feedback and related
information. Provides feedback to Entrust design and production
- Assists in the preparation of client sales proposals. Provides
technical descriptions and content for proposals in response to
RFPs & RFIs.
- Identify, qualify, and define potential Professional Services
opportunities with the assigned accounts.
- Represents Entrust at technical exhibitions, conferences, and
speaking engagements to assist in explaining technical and
- Trains Channel Partners on the Entrust technology and
- Assists with remote and field-based product installations,
problem resolution and general technical support.
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent combination of school
qualifications and IT industry experience
- 3+ years pre-sales working experience for an enterprise
software or IT security company (some experience working with
channel/partner is required) with a proven track record and
demonstrable skills at presenting technical information at the
business executive level or at the architect level
- Strong background in at least IT Security or Data Protection
(encryption, digital certificates, HSM, digital signature, etc.) is
- Current knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and 2nd
factor authentication technologies/solutions
- Knowledge of all popular operating systems, networking
infrastructures, and web/client and web server environments
- Hands-on technical competence with integrating server end
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
excellent presentation skills
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to lawfully work within the assigned
- CISSP, Security+, CCNA, CISA, SSCP, HCISPP, CRISC
- Experience of nShield HSM products or directly competing
solutions (such as Utimaco, HP/Atalla, Gemalto-SafeNet)
- Experience with HyTrust products, VMware Security, or file or
data transparent encryption
- Experience with Entrust or other PKI solutions (MS ADCS,
- Experience with Entrust or other Identity solutions
- Prior scripting experience using python, PowerShell or Restful
API is a plus
- Knowledge of Risk Management concepts and Global Security
Regulations for Data
- Experience presenting to audiences at industry events
- Experience in data protection, cloud, virtualization, or
- Demonstrable detailed understanding of, and enthusiasm for, the
IT security space
- Government clearance(s)
Entrust keeps the world moving safely by enabling trusted
identities, payments and data protection around the globe. Today
more than ever, people demand seamless, secure experiences, whether
they're crossing borders, making a purchase, or accessing corporate
networks. With our unmatched breadth of digital security and
credential issuance solutions, it's no wonder the world's most
entrusted organizations trust us.
For more information, visit www.entrust.com. Follow us on,
LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
Entrust Corporation is an EOE/AA/Veteran/People with Disabilities
The pay range for this position is $140000 - 220000 if located in
the United States. In the event this position is hired outside the
U.S., pay ranges will vary and will be set in the applicable
currency. Actual compensation will be determined based on
geographic location, education, skills and experience. Please speak
with the recruiter for more details.
Vaccination for Covid-19 is currently a condition of employment for
field service roles in the U.S., subject to accommodation for
qualifying reasons (i.e., medical, religious, etc.) under
applicable law. If you would like more information about
accommodations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For US roles, or where applicable: Entrust is an Equal Opportunity,
Affirmative Action, Veteran, and People with Disabilities
Keywords: Entrust Corp., Rochester , Tech Sales Consultant (Sales Engineer), Engineering , Minnesota Lake, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!