Mechanic Shop Foreman
Company: CHS Inc
Posted on: September 25, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the
United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees
are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19
countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
CHS has a great opportunity in our Transportation Division. We are
looking for a Mechanic Shop Foreman in Mankato, MN to lead
maintenance and repair of our truck & trailer fleet. You must have
excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and a
customer service focus. We are willing to train the right person
for the job!
- Assist the area supervisor in the daily shop operations and
functions, providing guidance to other employees and assisting with
general work direction and training.
- Ensure that internal and external customer satisfaction is met
timely and efficiently.
- Perform all maintenance and repairs of trucks and trailers to
include oil changes, P/M inspections, DOT inspections, brake and
shoe replacement, suspension repair and replacement, air and
electrical trouble shooting and repair, clutch adjustments and
replacement, wire feed welding and some minor fabrication, rear end
and transmission replacement, minor engine repair, heating and air
- Work to improve equipment and maintenance to support operating
departments with safe, reliable trucks, tractors and trailers that
are in full compliance with all regulatory agencies and at a cost
within industry standards.
- Complete paperwork as required according to company
- Maintain and perform regulatory inspections and reporting.
- Oversee parts inventory control.
- Ensure all policies and procedures outlined in the Shop Safety
& Policies Procedures Manual.
- Participate in company training for service and repair of
vehicles, equipment, and facilities.
- Commit to personal safety, the safety of others and safety to
- Work additional hours as needed to meet business demands.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all
safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and
communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in
correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 4+ years of experience repairing trucks and/or trailers
- Must own a full set of hand tools and a roll-away tool
- Must pass DOT physical, drug test and background check
- Must pass post offer pre-employment physical job requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- Tank testing, inspection and repair
- Knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations Part 396,
Inspection Repair and Maintenance
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation Hazardous Material
Regulations HM 126, HM 181, HM 183 and all other pertinent State
and Federal regulations
- Basic computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft products
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits
include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and
Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded
Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition
reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: CHS Inc, Rochester , Mechanic Shop Foreman, Engineering , Amboy, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!