Location: Charles City
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Cambrex is a leading global contract development and
manufacturing organization (CDMO) that provides drug substance,
drug product, and analytical services across the entire drug
lifecycle. With over 40 years of experience and a growing team of
over 2,200 experts servicing global clients from North America and
European sites, Cambrex is a trusted partner in branded and generic
markets for API and dosage form development and manufacturing.
At Cambrex, our people set us apart. We're committed to attracting,
nurturing, and retaining a passionate and talented team of valued
experts in our fast-paced and growing company. We offer an
exceptional benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
Life, LTD, generous vacation in your first year, sick time, and
Known for our scientific and manufacturing excellence, as well as
our strong customer focus, we offer a range of career opportunities
across our global network of locations. Together with our
customers, we aim to improve the quality of life for patients
around the world.
The Project Engineer performs general engineering duties for new
installations and equipment, and modification of existing
facilities and equipment. These duties are to be carried out with
safety, efficiency and quality at the forefront.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Operations, Quality Assurance, Maintenance and Process
Engineering to ensure a safe and efficient facility to produce
- Perform necessary engineering calculations and estimates to
support project related design work and project Capital
- Develop / Create / revise drawings and sketches as they pertain
to projects and other tasks throughout the facility.
- Undertake multiple small capital projects at a time.
- Work with Sr. Engineer to schedule needed vendor, contractor,
and facility personnel to perform work in support of plant
scheduling and timelines.
- Be capable of creating and maintaining capital project
- Enter Purchase Requisitions required for project related
- Enters data on maintenance database as required for proper
maintenance documentation as applied to Capital projects and work
- Provide monthly updates on all project status or as required,
performs monthly time allocation on Capital Projects for the
- Maintain/updates appropriate department files, including but
not limited to: Capital asset requests, project closure forms,
equipment inspection reports, appropriate change control
documentation, drawings and sketches as they pertain to project
work, cGMP files, Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for training contractors and vendors for any work
on site via appropriate policies and procedures.
- Support all requested HAZOP functions.
- Develop vendor contacts
All employees are required to adhere to DEA, EPA, FDA and cGMP
regulations as they relate to the operation of the Company; and to
adhere to all company safety rules and procedures. All employees
are expected to report to work regularly and promptly. Other duties
relating to departmental mission, not specifically detailed in this
section may be assigned.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent degree required
- 3+ years of experience preferred
- Good communication skills required (written and verbal)
- Computer skills required, preferably Windows based, AutoCAD
experience a plus
Cambrex is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or
disability status. Cambrex Charles City offers an extraordinary
opportunity, a competitive salary, and an exceptional benefits
package including medical, dental, vision care and prescription,
life, LTD, STD; 401(k) with employer match; tuition reimbursement;
and the 'Arthur I. Mendolia Scholarship Program.' Relocation
assistance will be offered for this position.
Keywords: Cambrex, Rochester , Project Engineer, Engineering , Charles City, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!