Traveling Field Service Technician - Up to $25 + per diem
Location: New Hampton
Posted on: January 13, 2022
DescriptionWindstream is considered an essential business and we
are -HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety
and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities
is our top priority. - **This Position Follows a Union Bidding
Process** About the Role: - Windstream's team of -Field -Service
Technicians are vital team members who represent our leading
telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business,
enterprise and carrier partners across the United States. Our team
of -Field -Service Technicians care about technology and connecting
customers to products they value. Through providing technical
expertise and customer support, our -Field -Service Technicians
create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term
relationships. - What -You'll Do: -
- Install and repair residential and business communications
services including telephone, internet, and video.
- Train and work with tools and test equipment to provide service
of multiple different technologies and network designs.
- Recommend products and services that resolve their
- Work in both buried and aerial plant requiring pole climbing
and ladder skills.
- Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service
- Work in both inside and outside environments. -
- Complete necessary safety training and follow safety standards
and regulations. - -
- You will report to the Manager of Local Operations - Even
-Better: - - -
- Customer service or sale experience. -
- Certifications or training directly related to the position.
- Two-year -technical degree in computers or electronics, or the
equivalent in work experience. - - Our -Benefits: - -
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, -Legal, Auto & Home -and Pet -Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan -
- Participation in Windstream's benefit plans by employees in
bargaining units is subject to the terms of their collective
bargaining -agreement - - About Us: - Windstream is a leading
provider of advanced network communications and technology
solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations
and carrier partners across the U.S. Windstream offers bundled
services, including broadband, security solutions, voice, and
digital TV to consumers. The company also provides data, cloud
solutions, unified communications and managed services to business
and enterprise clients. The company supplies core transport
solutions on a local and long-haul fiber-optic network spanning
approximately 150,000 miles.QualificationsDo -You -Have? - -
- Basic technology and -math -skills.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable.
- Ability to use equipment with -maximum -load capacity of
- Ability to -lift up -to -50lbs, -capable of -working aloft.
- Ability to -successfully -complete required safety training.
- Ability to -work assigned schedules and extended hours
including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours. -
- Ability to respond to after hour -call-outs. -
- High -School -Degree -or GED equivalent. Job Category:
BargainingLocations: US-Iowa-New Hampton
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we
celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their
ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status,
current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other
status protected by law, and to give full consideration to
qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse
voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive
culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer,
pre-employment drug testing.
Keywords: Windstream, Rochester , Traveling Field Service Technician - Up to $25 + per diem, Engineering , New Hampton, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!