Diesel Mechanic / Technician - Rochester, MN
Company: Nuss Truck Group
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Field Service Technician - Rochester, MN
Rochester, MN, USA Req #194
Monday, September 13, 2021
We are growing! The Heavy Construction Equipment Mechanic / Field
Service Technician will diagnose, repair or overhaul, and maintain
heavy construction equipment in the field. Equipment includes
compactors, excavators, loaders, dozers, and other heavy
construction equipment. Major components and parts include; diesel
engines and powerplants, hydraulic, electrical, computer /
software, and body / structural items.
* Receives repair orders from Dispatch or Service Advisor.
* Performs work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and
accurately in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
* Diagnoses other issues and repairs equipment.
* Performs safety and maintenance checks.
* Utilize testing equipment, precision instruments and gauges, hand
tools, portable power tools, cranes and hoists as needed.
* Equipment Technician services and repairs fuel injection systems,
exhaust systems, cooling systems, air conditioning systems,
lubrication systems, engine control systems, major internal engine
repairs or overhaul, installation and alignment of engines and
* Services and repairs drive trains, hydraulic transmissions, power
take-offs, tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, vehicle brake
systems, wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering.
* Tests repaired equipment for satisfactory performance including
* Follows all safety regulations and policies. Works safely.
* Follows federal, state and local regulations governing hazardous
* Proactively communicates job progress to service advisor and
customer as needed.
* Equipment Technician communicates with Parts Department to obtain
needed parts for repair.
* Completes service reports and other documentation as required by
Nuss and/or customer.
* Attends factory sponsored training classes as required.
* Keeps abreast of and applies factory technical bulletins.
* Two-year technical school degree in Diesel/Heavy Equipment or
* Two to three years of relevant diesel equipment repair. Prefer 5
-7 years or more of relevant diesel equipment repair.
* Excellent trouble-shooting ability with heavy equipment.
* Solid knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, transmissions,
electrical, fuel and other systems.
* Excellent mechanical skills.
* Able to work independently.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to represent the company with professionalism, tact and
* Excellent computer skills.
* Ability to work in fast paced, high stress environment.
* Must have and maintain a valid CDL and Health Card in accordance
with all applicable regulations.
* Must possess clean driving record.
* Ability to be on call
1st - 7am to 3pm; 2nd - 3pm to 11pm. Shifts may vary based upon
location, customer, and business needs.
Earn top tier wages, match your vacation and enjoy the security of
a premium benefits package and generous hiring bonus with Nuss
Truck & Equipment the 2017 American Truck Dealer of the year. Nuss
is one of the largest providers of both OTR and vocational trucks
combined with world class Volvo Construction Equipment including
paving products and service in the Midwest. Our award-winning sales
and service teams support all segments of the transportation and
construction industry. We have expanded to eight strategic
dealership locations in Rochester, Mankato, St. Cloud, Roseville,
Burnsville, Duluth and East Bethel Minnesota, and Eau Claire
Wisconsin. Many Nuss staff members have over 25 years of experience
providing highest level customer care and experience.
Nuss Truck & Equipment offers a very competitive benefits package.
We offer medical insurance, generous monthly HSA contribution,
dental insurance, matching 401k, voluntary life insurance, tuition
reimbursement program, employee assistance program, flexible
spending accounts, long-term and short-term disability insurance,
paid holidays, paid time off, and direct deposit. We will match
your current vacation/PTO hours if you join our team!
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities
Nuss Truck & Equipment is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected
* Pay Type Hourly
* Required Education Equivalent Experience
* Job Start Date Monday, September 13, 2021
* Rochester, MN, USA
Share this job:
Keywords: Nuss Truck Group, Rochester , Diesel Mechanic / Technician - Rochester, MN, Engineering , Hayfield, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!