Gas Turbine Engine Mechanic - 1st Shift
Company: Aero Products and Services JV
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job Description Summary
Aero Alliance is a Joint Venture that serves three segments of
customers - its two parent companies, Baker Hughes, and GE Power,
as well as the Authorized Service Providers (ASP) network. At Aero
Alliance, our purpose is to deliver improved product, repair and
execution, strategy and fulfillment with best-in-class quality,
speed, and cost for the Joint Venture Partners and Authorized
Service Providers network.
We are looking for a Gas Turbine Engine Mechanic to add to the
Houston Service Center's Fulfillment Operations team on 1st Shift.
As an Engine Mechanic you will perform any or all the operations
necessary for the assembly, disassembly, test, prep, or de-prep of
LM6000, LM2500 and LMS100 gas turbine engines, modules, components,
or accessories in accordance with appropriate technical
specifications and / or standard work practices.
- Perform routing of engine hardware, assemblies, and other
material in support of assigned area complying with material
handling and storage procedures.
- Perform comprehensive inspections of gas turbine engines,
components, and hardware for serviceability in accordance with
technical specifications, routers, manuals, or other quality
- Report and record discrepancies using service manuals as a
- Maintain records and ensure proper documentation of turbine
assembly, disassembly, or repairs per the Quality Management System
(QMS), neatly, accurately, and legibly.
- Troubleshoot in-process problems, malfunctions, or component
- Use all types of precision measuring instruments and devices,
hand and power tools, shop equipment and machinery as
- Uphold safety requirements and compliance in accordance with
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace to promote safety and
- Work individually and in teams to support continuous
- Work required hours as requested to meet production and
- Perform other related duties as requested/assigned by
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 2-3 years of practical experience working INTERNALLY
on Aeroderivative Gas Turbine Engines or INTERNALLY on Aircraft
- Ability and willingness to read and communicate in the English
- Ability and willingness to lift 40lbs.
- Prior extensive experience working with different types of
engines / packages / gas turbine product lines.
- Experience working internally with LM2500, LM6000, LMS100 or
other Aeroderivative Gas Turbine Engines or Packages.
- A&P License.
- Borescope Inspection experience.
- Familiarity with static and dynamic balancing theory and
- Thorough knowledge of FOD / DOD prevention and control
- Able to read and interpret service repair manuals and technical
publications to determine work procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the use of various hand
tools including but not limited to torque wrenches, transducers,
multipliers, dial indicators, micrometers, scales, and other
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve challenges
big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our
workforce, train, and reward talent, and develop leaders at all
levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion,
without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are
developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves
to work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or
ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or
any other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development,
challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the
United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Keywords: Aero Products and Services JV, Rochester , Gas Turbine Engine Mechanic - 1st Shift, Engineering , Houston, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!