Electronic Component Engineer, NASA Exploration Space Suit
Company: Aerospace Corporation
Posted on: February 24, 2021
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a
generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally
funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed
exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span
every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our
team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you
personally.Provide Electrical, Electronic, and Electromagnetic
(EEE) parts support to the NASA Exploration Extravehicular Mobility
Unit (xEMU) team at NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC).Key
- Evaluate proposed EEE Parts lists with respect to the project
specific hardware criticality and environments.
- Report on the manufacturers, materials, construction, usage
(environment & electrical de-rating), and overall reliability of
the selected parts to the EEE Parts Control Board (PCB).
- Recommend replacement EEE parts.
- Assist in EEE parts failure investigations.
- Review Military and industry EEE parts specifications,
standards, and studies for application to NASA programs.
- Assist in the development of EEE part qualification plans,
project specific screening requirements, and Non-Standard Part
Approval Requests (NSPAR).
- Support design reviews and product development teams.
- Provide technical support to material review boards
- Support project teams in EEE related activities including
review and generation of project related documents such as
procurement specifications and source control drawings (SCDs).
- Assist in preparation, analysis and distribution of NASA
Advisories and Government Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP)
- Assist in part selection and obsolescence review.
- Develop part specifications and test procedures for space level
- Provide technical assistance to contracted tests labs and part
- Provide customer/project team applications assistance.
- Review electrical test data to verify part/lot acceptability.
- Knowledge of component selection, screening, qualification, and
derating for use in spaceflight applications
- Knowledge of component failure modes, component reliability and
NASA components specifications and standards
- Knowledge of passive components, microcircuit, hybrid,
semiconductor and discrete device fabrication
- Knowledge of the EEE parts used in high reliability
military/DoD or space hardware and the associated US military test
specifications and standards
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, particularly MS Project,
Excel, PowerPoint, Word OneNote and Outlook
- Strong background in use of EEE parts, technologies, and
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the
ability to work in a team environment.Preferred
- Experience with the development of EEE parts management plans,
destructive physical analysis (DPA), and parts failure
- Experience with product development, pre-production activity,
and product life cycle
- Expertise in developing ionization radiation test plans based
on mission objectives and desired reliability.
- Experience with accelerated reliability testing, reliability
theory and component failure analysis
- Sourcing background in electronics industry and supply chain
experience with electrical technologies and part manufacturers.
Equal Opportunity Commitment The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse
workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are
developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior
customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information,
marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran
status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability,
or disability status and any other characteristic protected by
state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or
a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search
and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete
the job application process, please contact us by phone ator by
email at . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is
the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy
Statement . - provided by Dice
Keywords: Aerospace Corporation, Rochester , Electronic Component Engineer, NASA Exploration Space Suit, Engineering , Houston, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!