Public Relations Specialist
Company: Ashley Furniture Industries
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Public Relations Specialist Education
We have an exciting opportunity for a strategic and passionate
Public Relations Education Specialist to join our dynamic team!
The Public Relations Education Specialist will be responsible for
growing the brand of Ashley Furniture Industries through
establishing partnerships and collaborating with educators and
students from K-12 schools, technical colleges, and universities.
This position will plan, coordinate, and communicate Ashley's
Education Foundation initiatives both internally and externally.
The Public Relations Education Specialist will be responsible for
interfacing with all internal (all major departments within Ashley)
and external contacts (educational institutions, government, media,
business, community and consumers) - representing the Ashley Brand
and the Public Relations Department in a highly professional
manner; while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
This position will also assist with shaping, guarding and crafting
the public image of the company and designing promotional campaigns
and educational Initiatives within budgeted dollars.
What Will You Do?
- Assist with the planning, development and execution of
strategic goals and objectives to deliver career pathway programs
and services, such as VEX robotics, FIRST robotics Skills USA,
supervising tours, job shadow experiences, career day events,
internships, apprenticeships and more, offered at Ashley
- Communicate with area schools regarding the employment
opportunities available and the skills needed throughout the Ashley
- Coordinate and develop promotional publications and public
relations activities for career pathway programs.
- Effectively communicate with area schools on Ashley's
educational initiatives including career planning and Ashley
- Develop and maintain relationships with Ashley employees, area
businesses and schools to build STEM educational programs.
- Research and develop successful programs to provide engaging
and exciting projects that focus on the areas of STEM
- Professionally communicate with members of education,
government, businesses and Ashley employees to plan meetings and
Public Relations related events.
- Document all possible literature, photos and video that will be
used for Ashley promotional materials and program development.
- Collect, prepare and disseminate information regarding
community educational outreach and charitable efforts, major
business developments (new retail, manufacturing, distribution
initiatives, investments, openings and expansions), and crisis
responses for Ashley Companies to internal and external
- Manage Ashley's community educational programs that drive
positive employee branding and positive community relations.
- Work with community non-profit organizations to create positive
- Assist with and coordinate company events related to community
educational outreach programs, business expansions, governmental
affairs or other events, often serving as Ashley's primary
- Work directly with media outlets to schedule advertising for
community educational outreach programs, business expansions,
governmental affairs or other events.
- Respond to requests for information from the media, working
directly with the Public Relations Director, the media agent,
Ashley's legal and appropriate internal departments to ensure that
media-related incidents are handled properly.
- Prepare and deliver speeches for a variety of educational
community outreach, business, and other governmental affairs
- Prepare and disseminate communication content such as press
releases, videos, brochures, flyers, advertisements, signage,
online/social media-related content and posts, etc., for internal
and external audiences. This includes working in collaboration with
a wide variety of subject matter experts such as executives and
graphic designers, etc.
- Develop and implement SOPs and community educational outreach
- Solicit community, government or business assistance in the
form of grant writing financial, in-kind services through written
or vocal action.
- Organize, plan and prioritize projects and tasks, and
communicate tabled, in-process and completed tasks to other Public
Relations department members as well as community and government
- Receive, log, track and report on historical budgetary
activities, including PR-related corporate and non-profit (e.g.
Ashley for the Arts) expenses, review for approval of payment and
forward to accounts payable.
What Do You Need?
- Bachelor Degree in Public Relations, Education, Marketing or
related field or equivalent work experience
- 2 years' experience in Public Relations, Education, Corporate
Communications or Marketing related position
- Ability to motivate, teach and supervise youth while
maintaining a safe environment
- Strong communication skills, including active listening and
reading comprehension to accurately assess situations, and
effective speaking and written skills to get messages across that
have the desired effect
- Ability to use social perceptiveness, persuasion, critical
thinking, and negotiation to competently solve complex
- Ability to generate multiple ideas about a topic and to come up
with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or
to develop creative ways to approach them
- Ability to order information, understand the implications of
new information, and apply both inductive and deductive reasoning
to reach sound judgments and decisions.
- Effective time management and organization skills including the
ability to manage one's time on multiple projects simultaneously
and the time of others when necessary, and monitoring and
coordinating efforts to make needed adjustments.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination
techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of financial management to effectively use resources,
determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and
accounting for those expenditures.
- Ability to display empathy, understanding and patience with
employees and external customers through a strong orientation to
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to respond professionally in situations with difficult
employee, business, customer, media, government or community member
issue or inquiry
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft
Office Suite and the Internet
Who Are We?
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest
manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the
industry's broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts
in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated
to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and
coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools,
production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to
recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and
national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free
working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all
candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be
contacted. Principals Only.
Keywords: Ashley Furniture Industries, Rochester , Public Relations Specialist, Advertising , Arcadia, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!