Company: Smith Schafer CPAs
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Since 1971, Smith Schafer has been one of Minnesota's most
successful CPA firms and continues to experience incredible growth.
As an award-winning CPA firm, we have been featured on Forbes Top
Tax Firm list, awarded Best of Accounting Client Satisfaction by
ClearlyRated, and named a Top 175 Workplace in Minnesota by the
Star Tribune. At Smith Schafer, your investment of time and
expertise will be rewarded with competitive pay, benefits, career
opportunities, and professional development.
Job Summary:Smith Schafer is currently seeking an experienced Tax
Manager to join our team. This person will have the opportunity to
lead and manage multiple tax engagements and staff deliverables by
preparing complex individual and business tax returns, reviewing
financial statements and tax planning projections besides
researching complex technical tax issues. Our managers hire, train,
and manage accountants and provide input on important operational
decisions. Besides delivering high quality service to our clients,
our managers help lead the firm in meeting the Tax Department's
goals and initiatives. They will grow in their career by building
client relationships, managing client projects and supporting
business development efforts. Key Responsibilities:
- Assists with business development efforts by meeting with
prospective clients, preparing quotes and proposals, and evaluating
- Develops, builds, and manages prospective and existing client
- Be involved in professional and community activities and
participate in firm-wide marketing initiatives and efforts.
- Communicates effectively with existing clients, colleagues,
management, and IRS representatives regarding a variety of tax
- Provides and supports employee training for new hires and
existing staff, which includes reviewing and evaluating their work
and providing leadership and training for senior and staff
accountants and seasonal interns.
- Reviews individual and business tax returns and assists with
- Needs to review and understand the various financial documents
and statements from clients.
- Prepares client billings in a timely manner and follows-up with
clients regarding unpaid invoices.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with
- Prepares internal memoranda, written correspondence/guidance,
private letter rulings and other documents for submission to the
IRS or Treasury Department.
- Works effectively in a team environment with principals,
managers, and staff.
Job Requirements: Required
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- 5 years of similar tax and accounting experience in a CPA
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Excel and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of prioritization and exceptional attention to
- CPA exam passed and license is active.Preferred
- 5-7 Years of similar tax and accounting experience in a CPA
- Experience with ProSystems Tax Preparation software and
- Customer-service oriented, demonstrated by the following
attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable, and reliable.
Smith Schafer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Smith Schafer CPAs, Rochester , Tax Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Rochester, Minnesota
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!